Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Lunch Meat Good Luck to You

I was at Safeway the other day looking for a nice turkey or pastrami that didn't contain sugar. Every single selection at the fridge ready-packaged area had sugar! Even the "honey turkey" had sugar! What is this? Whatever, I can pay the bigger bucks for the ready-to-slice meats at the deli counter. I walk over and ask if there are any sugar-free meats. The lady picks out a few to look. Even the "natural" one had sugar! What is it, a preservative?

I felt like giving up. What was I going to eat on my delicious home-made sugar-free bread? Nothing apparently.

Then I walked into Trader Joe's. Whole different story. I was able to find both a turkey and a pastrami that had no sugar! They used honey. Thank you Trader Joe's! Also, I found this lovely (although too much meat-tasting in my opinion, sausage to top off my pizza with:




No comments:

Post a Comment