Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Challenge

I figured I should start my journey by describing the challenges I will face. Mostly A: How picky I am with foods and B: The foods I will be giving up that I might really miss.

A: Foods I will not eat -that are sugar free -:

1. Any foods sweetened using artificial sweeteners (I'm looking at you entire sugar-free selection at Fred Meyer and probably most frozen yogurt/ice cream sugar free selections). I do not find Splenda to be an acceptable alternative to sugar.

A: Foods I'm unsure how I feel about:

1. Agave (This is a plant based sweetener, right?)
2. Any other various forms of artificial sweeteners that some hail as great/healthy/useful (such as xylitol and stevia)
3. What is the best type of honey? Where can I get it raw? Is organic much better? Is local much better?

and

B: Foods I want to eat but will not for three weeks:
1. kit kats
2. chocolate
3. Milano cookies
4. Piroulines
5. the candy currently in my fridge
6. chocolate chip rice cakes

This list makes me look quite unhealthy as far as sugar is concerned.... I need to break my incidental chocolate/candy habit. I no longer quite like regular kit kats and most cheap candies anyways, so why do I still eat them?

*These lists are in no way complete and will be added to as time goes by*

No comments:

Post a Comment